Pages

Beautiful things for you and your home!

Lots of homely thoughts on sewing, baking, papercrafts, gardening and all the things that go towards making your house a home

Sunday 25 September 2011

First Past The Post

Well, here it is. My first post on this new blog. I'm pretty new to the blogosphere but have gained so much enjoyment and learned so much from the many wonderfully creative people out there that I felt it might be fun to join in!

My introduction to blogs - and yes I know i am soooo late to the party - has come through podcasts. Around 2004 or 5 my husband bought me an ipod nano. I'm not really technology based so he knows he's taking a risk when he does such things but he had his reasons. My sleep pattern is pretty bad but having found out I had a tendency to nod off when listening to audio books on my 'Walkman' (ok, stop laughing) he thought that he could bring me more into the present, with my present!

And he did. I rarely use my ipod for listening to music but I *love* my podcasts! If you haven't tried them, then I highly recommend them. Not only are they fun and informative, they make long journeys go far quicker (don't worry, it's not in those conditions I nod off!) but often have a linked in blog which brings me back to where I started.

Some of my favourite podcasts are listed below. I hope you enjoy them if you decide to give them a try!

*  The Paperclipping Roundtable
*  Sew Forth Now
*  Greenstitch
*  Scraptime

On a slightly different topic, the BBC History Magazine podcast is one that's also on my list. Lots of interesting interviews and it's now gone weekly! Highly recommended!




I hope that you've enjoyed this post. I'm totally new to this but I'll do my best to get better and hopefully provide some degree of entertainment, information and fun!

Wish me luck! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your feedback, thoughts and ideas but please be kind and play nice so that it is enjoyable for everyone. Thank you :)