Pages

Beautiful things for you and your home!

Lots of homely thoughts on sewing, baking, papercrafts, gardening and all the things that go towards making your house a home

Sunday 3 March 2013

Scrapbooking with Scenic Paper - Part 2

On the last post, I showed what I had in mind for the piece of October Afternoon 'Gravel Road' scenic style paper I had bought on sale, as a bit of an experiment.

This is the final result:

 
Apologies for the slight reflection in the top left corner, as this was photographed once I'd put it into the page protector.
 
I'm not one for leaving off journaling but this paper makes it a bit difficult to put much writing in, without it feeling overcrowded, to me at least, but I'm sure that's a personal thing. I do have information that I'd like to include about the place - some facts and figures, as I like that sort of thing, plus our own feelings about what we thought of the place, and how it was a little different from what I was expecting. I haven't yet decided as to whether to go ahead with the divided page protector style or another 'standard' layout, possibly a double one in order to get some more of the photos on show that helps show the total abandonment of the place.
 
I chose this photo to go on the first layout because I thought it gave an idea as to how out in the middle of nowhere this place was. The background layer (that you can just see beneath the brown cardstock) is an Echo Park paper I think, from the Everyday Eclectic collection. Then the cardstock, just from stash but most of mine is DCWV stock piled from a while ago that I'm trying to gradually use up.
 
The embellishments are some I've had for quite some time; I cannot remember where I got the little camera from. It's actually a charm, and came in a pack with an old fashioned car, plane, and suitcase. I snipped off the 'hole' bit that you would thread twine or ribbon through off, and stuck it on with a couple of foam pads. The 'scenery' sticker is from a pack I bought out in the States at a little shop we visited and the metal 'California' charm is from Eyelet Outlet. Again, these are several years old so I don't know if they still do them. At the time, they did various States, so you may see some Florida ones popping up as I try and use up some of the stash I've had for far too long.
 
I hope you like the layout!
 
 
Love, Maxi


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your feedback, thoughts and ideas but please be kind and play nice so that it is enjoyable for everyone. Thank you :)